Water Features
Mount Airy North Carolina

Decorative Garden Fountains And Their Use In The Minoan Civilization

During archaeological digs on the island of Crete, many kinds of channels have been found. They were used for water supply as well as removal of storm water and wastewater. The main components employed were rock or clay. When clay was made use of, it was normally for channels as well as water pipes which came in rectangular or circular shapes. Amidst these were terracotta pipes that were U shaped or a shortened, cone-like shape which have just appeared in Minoan culture.Decorative Garden Fountains Use Minoan Civilization 057862912369871468.jpg Terracotta piping were installed underneath the floor surfaces at Knossos Palace and used to move water. These Minoan pipelines were also used for amassing and storing water, not just distribution. These terracotta piping were used to perform: Underground Water Transportation: This system’s undetectable nature might mean that it was primarily developed for some kind of ritual or to allocate water to limited groups. Quality Water Transportation: Some scholars believe that these pipelines were utilized to develop a separate distribution process for the residence.

A Chronicle of Outdoor Garden Fountains

Chronicle Outdoor Garden Fountains 2479072229404673.jpg Pope Nicholas V, himself a well educated man, reigned the Roman Catholic Church from 1397 to 1455 during which time he commissioned many translations of ancient classic Greek texts into Latin. Embellishing Rome and making it the worthy capital of the Christian world was at the heart of his ambitions. In 1453 the Pope commissioned the rebuilding of the Aqua Vergine, an ancient Roman aqueduct which had carried fresh drinking water into the city from eight miles away. The historical Roman custom of marking the arrival point of an aqueduct with an magnificent celebratory fountain, also known as a mostra, was restored by Nicholas V. The Trevi Fountain now occupies the space previously filled with a wall fountain crafted by Leon Battista Albert, an architect commissioned by the Pope. The Trevi Fountain as well as the renowned baroque fountains located in the Piazza del Popolo and the Piazza Navona were eventually supplied with water from the altered aqueduct he had rebuilt.